KCCure 2018 Innovation Award
The Kidney Cancer Research Alliance (KCCure) is offering a $100,000 research grant for a pilot project focused on cutting-edge, innovative scientific research in kidney cancer. The application deadline is November 2, 2018.
- Proposed projects should develop a new research direction, explore an innovative idea, test an unconventional, but potentially important, new hypothesis, or ascertain the feasibility of a new research approach.
- The $100,000 grant will be paid in $50,000 installments over two years.
- Funds may be used for the salaries of postdoctoral fellows or technicians, for equipment, and/or for consumable supplies. Funds may not be used for administrative or indirect costs.
- A summary of expenditures showing how grant funds were used shall be submitted after one year and again at completion.
- Applications will be judged by a review panel composed of physicians and scientists with applicable expertise, as well as a consumer advocate. Reviewers will be selected to ensure no conflict of interest in the award. High priority will be given to project innovation and potential clinical impact.
- Awardees must provide a 500-word summary of their research plan, understandable to lay people, at the time of application as well as a progress report prior to receiving the second installment. Awardees will also be expected to present their progress at an annual scientific session.
- Publications generated as a result of funding support must acknowledge the Kidney Cancer Research Alliance (KCCure) funding.
Please share via social media and with your colleagues.
Complete instructions for applying can be found here: 2018 Grant Application